Being the official scribe for the matticuskingdom carries with it grave responsibilities which I do not take lightly. One of these is to be at the beck-and-call of the Jester whenever he puts out word for guest posts. Another is to gladly accept and faithfully respond to award nominations. The Jester nominated me for a “Shine On” award on April 18, and though it’s taken me some time to share the love, better late than never.
These the rules, as detailed by TwinDaddy:
“This award is for the blogs that shine, make you feel good and are inspiring to the reader.”
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you (above)
- Share some facts about yourself or answer questions given to you. (below)
- Nominate fifteen bloggers who shine a little light in your day and be sure to notify them. (below facts)
Some facts about myself (7, in fact, since 7 is a complete number) –
1) I am applying for a position as an adjunct professor of “communication”. (As my dad would say, “Not bad for an ‘ole Kentuckian with a six-grade education”)
2) One of my stories – “The Distant Mountain and the Barren Tree” is being published in an on-line collection of blog hop stories.
3) I just finished listening to an audio version of N.T. Wright’s Simply Jesus: A New Vision of Who He Was, What He Did, and Why He Matters and liked it so much I borrowed the kindle version to read.
4) As I write, I am listening to “White Lightnin'” as part of a George Jones marathon on Spotify (to celebrate his life and music).
5) The Sunday morning message at church today was on Isaiah 17:1-14 and it was entitled, “Forgetting the God You Grew Up With”.
6) I just applied for a library card at the Bartholomew County Public Library. This makes 3 libraries where I can access material (and I think as a property owner in New York, I also have privileges at the New York Public Library – I’ll have to check this out.)
7) I am planning a “writer’s retreat” the end of June. My aunt and uncle are offering me their condo that sits on an island on the Gulf Coast.
For the nominees, I’ve decided to do a WordPress tag search for “recovery” and highlight 15 bloggers who have written something inspiring on a topic heavily on my mind right now.
May you be strengthened with all power, according to [the Lord’s] glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy…
[God] has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
And the nominees are (in no particular order)…