O grant us help against the foe
for human help is worthless. (Psalm 108:12)
I have Christian friends who advise me to steer clear of psychiatrists who do not share my faith. I believe though, “God, can use even atheists to promote healing should God choose to do so. I’ve had some excellent psychiatrists and some real stinkers. During one period where it seemed I was getting one bad psychiatrist after another, I wrote a list of 10 ways to tell it might be time to leave your psychiatrist and I’d like to offer these to you, free of charge…
It’s time to leave your psychiatrist when s/he says…
1) Enough about your mother, let’s talk about mine.
2) Sure, the blue meds are working, but the pink pills are so much cuter.
3) In my professional opinion, you’re crazier than a loon.
4) Suicide, smooicide.
5) If you want a taste of E.C.T. just stick your tongue to this car battery here.
6) What was that you said? I was too busy picturing you in the nude.
7) Before we treat your O.C.D. I’d like you to clean out my garage.
8) You think you’ve got problems! My Porsche has a flat tire.
9) I can see now why your wife wants to leave you.
10) You think, you’re fat because you care fat.